Frequently Asked Question
How to Share a Classroom Recording With Another User
Last Updated 3 years ago
- Locate the video you would like to share either in the N-DVR -> My Recordings or from the search.
- Click the Edit button
- Select Information/Rights in the left navigation menu
- Select the Rights Management tab
- Check the Never Expires checkbox so the video will not be deleted automatically
- Check the Share checkbox
- Click Save and Continue at the bottom of the screen
- Select Permissions from the left navigation menu or from the current screen
- By default the video is shared with everyone. Change the Grant permission to dropdown menu to Users and User Groups
- Use the Search for Available Users area to find users at your school. Select the users you would like to grant permissions to by clicking to highlight them in the Avaialble Choices area and clicking the ">" button to move them to the Granted To area. Be sure to add yourself here as well. If not you will no longer have access to your video. This screen automatically saves as you move users into the Granted To area so there is no save button to click.
- Finally, you can click on "Guide for Editing Media" on the left navigation then click on the video title at the top of the screen. This will take you back to the video where you can get the permalink from the action options. Copy this permalink and send to you administrators for easy access to your video.